Spirit of CSN Grant Award – $5,000 – $10,000
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) Foundation Board of Trustees invites faculty, staff, and student clubs to apply for a Spirit of CSN Grant Award.
The purpose of the Spirit of CSN Grant Award is to support faculty, staff, and student clubs in furthering CSN’s mission to support our commitment to students first. Proposals must support CSN’s mission to empower our students and community to achieve, succeed and prosper and our expectation that CSN students will graduate, complete or transfer. Priority consideration will be given to projects, programs, initiatives, or activities that support CSN and NSHE goals that move the CSN student success metrics forward.
Applications can be sent via email to Foundation@csn.edu. No late requests or exceptions will be accepted.
Awards Announced: On or before May 12, 2023.
Amount: Applicants may request a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $10,000. The final award amount is at the discretion of the committee.
Award Year: All awards must be spent in full between July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024. All unused funds will be returned to the CSN Foundation.
Questions? Please contact the CSN Foundation at Foundation@csn.edu.
- The award will not fund faculty, staff salaries or stipends.
- Events, hosting, or swag, without a clear impact or return on investment related to moving Students First forward, will not be funded.
- Organizations must be recognized by CSN and cannot be organizations outside of CSN.
- Student Club activities must be supported by their advisor.
- Any application not approved by your Chair and Dean for faculty, direct supervisor and a director-level or above individual in your department for non-faculty, or CSN club advisor for student organizations will not receive funding.
- Some awards may need prior approval from CSN Campus Partners.
- If awarded, progress reports are due to the Foundation on December 1 and June 1.
- CSN Foundation is funding awards that move CSN student success metrics forward. Please keep these in mind when writing your proposal.
- Increase CCSD graduates to 4,695 or 22.2%; 18-25 age group to 26,304 or 14.3%; 25+ age group to 19,331 or 1.4%.
- Increase graduation rate from 14% to 19.5% by 2025; Increase transfer rate from 25% to 30% by 2025.
- Increase graduation rates for African Americans from 3% to 14%; and transfer rates from 12.5% to 30%. Sustain Latino cohort success gain rates at 14% graduation and 25% transfer rates.
- Increase enrollment and graduation rates in high demand occupations.
- Increase STEM based research opportunities for CSN students and in undergraduate research.