CSN FoundationScholarship Application and Tips
Thank you for your interest in the CSN Foundation Scholarships. The application period for the 2023-2024 academic year closed on February 15, 2023. If selected, recipients will be notified via their MyCSN account beginning in May. As this is an ongoing process, applicants will not be notified if they did not receive a scholarship.
Be sure to visit the Scholarships Disbursed through Financial Aid page to review eligibility considerations for these scholarship opportunities.
The CSN Foundation Scholarship Application will open on January 1, 2024 for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Below is a list of the CSN Foundation Scholarships that require you to submit an application and written essay.
- Cardenas Market Scholarship
- Devon Stone Scholarship
- John P. Keller Memorial Scholarship
- MGM Mirage/Hites Family Higher Education Scholarship
- Ralph & Betty Engelstad SHS Limited Entry Program Scholarship
- Robert E. Clark Photography Scholarship
- Social Justice Scholarship
- Vegas Chamber Prospectors Vocational Heroes Scholarship
- Zavala Harris Charitable Fund Engineering Technology Scholarship
To be considered for these scholarships, applicants must:
- Meet the specific scholarship criteria.
- Applicant must have declared a DCS degree effective no later than March 1, 2023.
- To determine financial need, the 2023/2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed no later than March 1, 2023.
- Recipients will be notified through their GoCSN.EDU, MyCSN, Student Center, Communications Center if they have been awarded a scholarship and the disclosure details.
- Students that have been awarded a scholarship must complete the requirement indicated on the scholarship disclosure details by the deadline. Scholarship will be cancelled if there is no response by the deadline.
Learn more about these scholarships and their criteria by visiting our Scholarship Page.
Helpful Tips When Applying
- Meet all application deadlines. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Apply early! Some applications require additional items such as transcripts or letters of recommendation.
- Be mindful of GPA requirements, many scholarships have GPA requirements.
Scholarship Essay Writing Tips
- Re-read essay prompt after writing your answer then review to assure you fully answered the question.
- Be mindful of word count, spelling, and grammar.
- Save your work on a Word Document, or something similar, so you can check your work along the way.
- Write your essay early enough and submit it to Smarthinking, or another essay review platform, to double-check errors, grammar, content.
- Share your accomplishments, personal strengths, and future goals
Keep an eye on deadline dates
The deadline to apply to CSN Foundation Scholarships was Wednesday, February 15, 2023. For other scholarships, set calendar notices and reminders to help you stay on track.
Repurpose or reuse your essays
Fill out your FAFSA
Make sure that your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is completed. You can fill that out by visiting: https://studentaid.gov